Appleby Shaw will deal with your immigration matter in a professional, friendly, calm and diligent manner. The quality of our service is self-evident from our success rate in our clients’ applications and appeals.
We offer a broad range of immigration services. If instructed to represent you, our fees will be fixed (with an additional charge of VAT, currently at 20%, depending on your immigration status). Our services will include the following work on your behalf:
- We will discuss your immigration matter with you at length, and advise you on the strengths and weaknesses of your immigration matter, while being fully transparent in our advice to you;
- We will attend on you and take detailed instructions from you, and advise you about the relevant Immigration Laws, Rules and Regulations. We will follow through your matter and the procedure adopted by the Home Office in your case. We will not charge you extra for any attendances on you or communications and correspondence with you leading up to the date of the Home Office decision;
- We will advise you about the relevant supporting documents to be submitted in support of your application, and liaise with your accountant or medical professional to obtain documents if necessary;
- We will peruse the supporting documents to be submitted in support of your application, and will discuss the same with you. We will advise you of any additional documents that may be relevant as your matter progresses;
- We will advise you and keep you updated of any timelines you will need to comply with;
- We will complete the relevant immigration form for your particular circumstances and keep you informed during the completion;
- We will prepare comprehensive Further Representations pertinent to your circumstances; these will accompany your application, and will inform the Home Office of how your application and supporting documents satisfy the relevant Immigration Rules;
- We will submit your application and supporting documents to the Home Office and adhere to any deadlines that are in place;
- We will keep you updated with any correspondence received from the Home Office, and if there are any additional requirements you may need to satisfy; we will also keep you informed of the progress of your immigration matter;
- We will write to the Home Office on your behalf if there are any changes in your circumstances, and we will write to the Home Office regularly for updates in your matter;
- We will do all the other work that is necessary until a decision is reached on your application;
- We will advise you about the outcome and implications as soon as the Home Office provides its decision.
We will charge you a fixed fee starting from £1,500 to £2,500 plus VAT (if applicable) for our professional immigration services in relation to the following applications (the agreed fee will depend on the complexity of your matter and the amount of work involved):
- Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981
- Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
- Applications under the Immigration Rules, including:
- Student and work experience visas
- Visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends/family)
- Spouse and partner applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- Applications for work, business or study under the Points-Based System
- Dependent relative and family reunion applications
- Ancestry visas
- Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
It is important to note that all applications are likely to vary according to individual circumstances and the complexities involved in a matter. Therefore, we can provide you with a more accurate fee once we have more information about your specific case. Other factors that may affect the cost of your immigration matter include the following: whether it is a first-time application or extension, if there are multiple dependents, the number of supporting documents (in particular, documents relating to any self-employment), possible attendance at a Home Office interview, and whether your application attracts a premium service charge.
The agreed fee will cover all our work until a decision is made by the Home Office on your application. However, please note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements incurred by us on your behalf; these are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, and include the following:
- Any Home Office fees for making the application for you or your dependants.
- Translation costs – we will advise you of the fees you will incur, and provide you with an invoice. Please note that fees for translations vary according to the nature, complexity and number of documents being translated. You will not always have to use an interpreter selected by our firm.
- Interpreters’ fees – we will advise you of the fees you will incur and provide you with an invoice. Please note that fees for interpreters will vary according to the number of hours required and the complexity of your matter. You may elect to use an interpreter of your own preference.
We cannot predict the timescale in which the Home Office will reach a decision in your matter. Please refer to the Home Office website for current processing times, here
Fauzia Imran joined Appleby Shaw in 2014 and specialises in Immigration Law. Prior to joining this firm, she worked in the Litigation Department at various leading City law firms, such as Clifford Chance, Herbert Smith, Freshfields and Norton Rose.
*These prices on the website are indications only, based upon standard types of cases. Following the initial consultation with you, we will provide you with a quote/estimate, which will be contained in our client care letter. This figure will take precedence, and is the price you will be required to pay.